- Know your audience and their background (their level of awareness of the topic you are going to present )
- Know the trouble makers in the audience and handle them tactfully ( you can ask them to answer some questions which others raise / Ask them some general awareness questions relevant to the subject being presented to divert their minds from asking questions)
- Let the (presentation) be prepared by a person who is well aware of the topic and ensure that you go through the same with him/her atleast once
- Be aware of timelines (total time for presentation and the time you need to spend for each slide)
- Chose a simple layout, one or two fonts and stick to it.
- Give slides a sense of openness - use plenty of white space.
- Donot write essays on the ppt and try to use simple animations whereever possible
- Try to build a case on the topic you are going to present (Belive me it becomes very easy to take the audience for a ride !! )
- Watch your non-verbals
- Have some quiz time at the end (or a slide on what we learnt till now)
- Remember first and last 10 minutes are the only times which create an impression on the audience, use it smartly.
Mob Violence–India at 70
3 weeks ago